Specialization: Contemporary Chinese Culture
Teng’s dissertation examines the appeal of contemporary Chinese nationalism in a collection of cultural texts that propagate official discourses on current events, including fictional and documentary films, museum and park exhibitions, and media reports. It considers how Western aesthetic theories could be brought to bear on contemporary Chinese texts and how these texts use and transform Chinese aesthetic conventions to make nationalism appealing.
- Contemporary Chinese literary, visual, and cultural studies
- Spring 2019, 18, 17 & 16 – EACS 4B: East Asian Traditions: Modern
- Winter 2019 – RG ST 4/EACS 5: Introduction to Buddhism
- Fall 2018, 16 & 15 – RG ST/EACS 21: Zen Buddhism
- Winter 2018, 17 & 16 – EACS 4A: East Asian Traditions: Premodern
- Fall 2017 – CHIN 35: Introduction to Taiwan Literature